Thursday 28 July 2011

Summer project...

I've got a big project on the go this summer.  This old dresser is to be stripped back to the bare wood and then I'll either wax it or paint and distress it.  I'm going to see how long it takes me first!
Start small - the drawers:
Before:

 ...and after they've been stripped and had a good sanding...
















 ...I'll work on the handles some other time.  I have been told that brown sauce is the thing to use to clean them up (although the first time I was told this years ago I didn't have any brown sauce and did wonder if Branston pickle would do the same job - apparently not!)
...and these are the shelves for the top of the dresser...



...no pics of the dresser base yet but maybe next time...
. ...♥... .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - someone's been working very hard - looking good tho

Bobbins and Balms said...

looking good so far, i cant wait to see the final product :)