Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Further adventures with the Loom of Doom :/

When I look back I can't quite believe the trauma I initially experienced with my pom-pom blanket was only March of this year (read the original post here). I did eventually finish the weaving and began knotting the cross-overs together...
unfortunately this took a lot longer than I thought it would as I had to take big big breaks to allow my blistered fingers to heal...

 but the back looked nice and neat when I finally finished tying the very last knot...


and then the snipping could begin...


oh boy, not even that was relaxing or therapeutic :/

I think by this stage I was so fraught with anguish I just wanted the dang thing finished!
When I snipped it off the frame I finally got some pleasure in this project - I smashed the frame to bits to discourage any thought of ever EVER attempting to carry out another pom-pom project!

This has been an intense project and my admiration goes to all those who make these blankets - you are brave people!  But in all of this (and the final stages when my sister helped with the last snippy bits) I persevered and finished it.  There have been other projects that have been easier and more enjoyable but never made it to fruition so I am, at least, glad I stuck with it.
So here it is, my finished pom-pom blanket:

. ...♥... .