Friday 9 October 2015

Leather Books

Yesterday was a very happy crafting day :D
My son has wanted to make a Midori-style leather journal for a while now. When we were on holiday in September we found a marvellous fabric shop which sold some amazing pieces of leather, from tiny little bits right through to full hides and the colours on offer were great, too!  I was very restrained with my purchase and only selected a small thick piece of brown (I did let a fat quarter of grey reindeer printed cotton jump into my arms amongst other things).
So this is my first attempt at a Midori-style leather journal:
 I know the edges are supposed to be neat but I just love the shape of this and the flappy-ness of it so I'm keeping it this odd shape.  I think I need to stiffen the inside at some point but I doubt I'll use it (it's too nice!!) so there's no rush for that...


and following on from this I made these teeny tiny little leather covered books...

 just gorgeous with their elaborate silver corners on the front
 and their thick pages inside
and a ragged little leather pocket tag book...
 ...which is waiting for some dark tags to be conjured up for inside and a little bit of decoration
. ...♥... .



No comments: